Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Heading into Fall

Geez! I can't believe it has been over a month since I last posted anything.
It has been very good butterflying so far this late Summer. Butterflying in Isabella Co., I was able to find a very fresh Leonard's Skipper (Hesperia leonardus).
My son David and I went into Roscommon Co. recently and explored Houghton Lake Road. This site was given to me by my friend Jack Reinoehl. A nice mix of butterflies were recorded here, but not many of any one species. I have to revisit this site in the Spring or early Summer next year.
Got my Ingham County lifer Common Ringlet on 8-12-2015 at Michigan State University. While butterflying Dansville SGA on 8-16-2015, I recorded at least 4 more at the corner of Williamston Rd and Ewer's Rd. Common Ringlet is my 75th Ingham County butterfly specie.


Leonard's Skipper (Hesperia leonardus)
Isabella Co. Michigan
2015-08-09










Red-spotted Purple (Limenitis arthemis)
Ingham Co. - my backyard
2015-8-8










Common Ringlet (Coenonympha tullia)
Ingham Co. - Dansville SGA
2015-8-16

1 comment:

  1. Would you be willing to share some butterflying locations? I live in metro detroit and feel like I have very limited butterflying opportunities here. It seems its mostly dusky skipper, checkerspot, frits, giant/eastern swallowtail, american copper, spring/summer azure, Hairstreak. I would like to know of a place that has the most butterflies. I feel like most places around here you have to work your ass off to find anything!!

    ReplyDelete