Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Liitle Here and a Little There

The weather has not been great recently, certainly not for butterflies. A lot of rain and mosquitos have been a considerable nuisance lately.
But there have been a few additions to my year list.
Recently, I added Common Checkered Skipper (Pyrgus communis) to the year list. Current Michigan year list is 76 species.
I have a few days off of work this week for birding and butterflying. Hoping to make a trip to the tip of the lower peninsula for Greenish Blue (Plebejus saepiolus) and Green Comma (Polygonia faunus)
Have been trying to get 30 seconds videos of butterflies when I can.

Take Wing
Jeff

Common Checkered Skipper -  
Plebejus saepiolus
7-10-2015
Michigan, Ingham County
My back yard, Lansing.










Bronze Copper - Lycaena hyllus
7-10-2015
Gratiot County, Michigan
Gratiot / Saginaw SGA

No comments:

Post a Comment