Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2015

Late Summer Early Fall

We are getting late into the butterflying season. There are still Monarchs migrating. This Fall, I have had many more Monarchs passing through my yard than last year. All of them have been nectaring on Butterfly Bush and coneflower.
I was able to locate one chrysalis this year. Of all places, on my lounging chair. The Monarch emerged 3 days later.
Still getting Common Checkered Skippers, Cabbage Whites,and Clouded Sulphurs in my backyard.

Monarch chrysalis
August 18, 2015
Ingham County, Michigan











Monarch - Danaus plexippus
Sept 15, 2015
Ingham County, Michigan
My backyard













Common Checkered Skipper - Pyrgus communis
September 15, 2015
Ingham County, Michigan
My backyard











1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that the Monarchs have done well this year. I hope this is a trend that continues. It hasn't been a good year for butterflies here in Scotland. We have had very little sunshine and lower than normal temperatures.

    ReplyDelete