Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2015

Petersburg SGA - Monroe County

After hearing so much about Petersburg SGA, I decided that a visit was in order. So on June 6 I made the 1.5 hour drive to find out for myself. Not dissapointed! I made two stops at parking areas on Lulu Road.
In about 2 hours I recorded 16 species of butterflies. The most notable for me was my lifer Southern Cloudywing. Other nice finds included Northern Cloudywings, three species of swallowtails, Question Mark and Dreamy Duskywing.

Southern Cloudywing - Thorybes bathyllus
June 6, 2015
Monroe County, Petersburg SGA
Notice the white at the bend of the antenna and the large "windows" on the forewing.









Least Skipper - Ancyloxypha numitor
June 6, 2015
Monroe County, Petersburg SGA
American Copper - Lycaena phlaeas
June 6, 2015
Monroe County, Petersburg SGA

No comments:

Post a Comment