Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2017

2017 Keeps Rolling Along

Wow! I can't believe I have not posted anything since June 20. Sorry for the lack of effort.
This year has been incredible. Many hours in the field, miles on the car and more miles on foot. But it has been worth it. In July, I participated in a survey for Mitchell's Satyr in Jackson County, Michigan. We had 23 individuals! A great butterfly.
The years current total is 97 species. A personal best in Michigan for me. There are enough species left that I have not seen this year to make it to 100. Getting to 100 this year was not what I was looking to do. I planned on going for a 100 butterfly year after I retired (about 4yrs away), but it may happen sooner.

Mitchell's Satyr - Neonympha mitchellii
 2017-7-8
Jackson County, Michigan










Gray Comma - Polygonia progne2017-8-9
Clinton County, Michigan
Rose Lake WMA

No comments:

Post a Comment