Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 29, 2023

 HI All
It's nearly the end of July already and I have not posted much,if anything. Time does seem to get used up pretty quickly even when you don't realize it.

Any how, Michigan has had pretty good butterflying in 2023. One thing I have noticed is skippers seem to be in lower numbers than in recent years except for European Skippers.
While visiting a friend's cottage in Michigan's upper peninsula, there was a massive emergents of European Skippers. In the 4 days I was there, I can safely estimate that I encountered 15,000 individuals.

Today, 7/29/2023, I was able to get a decent picture of a (Eastern) Giant Swallowtail. Some taxonomists separate the giant swallowtails in to 2 species. Here in Michigan we have the Eastern Giant Swallowtail. Farther west, there is the Western Giant Swallowtail. 


(Eastern) Giant Swallowtail
7/29/2023
Michigan, Ingham County

No comments:

Post a Comment