Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2022


MICHIGAN IS MOVING ALONG NICELY

 Here we are at the end of July already! Again, I have had very few posts. 
Butterflying got off to a slow start this year in Michigan but has come on strong in July.

This Past June I set a personal best June total with 54 species. It looks like I am going to end July with 45 species for the month. An OK total but not great. 

I live in Ingham County, Michigan. We have not had much rain in the last month or so. You can see the lack of nectering plants. and, yes, it has caused less numbers of individuals seen while surveying.

Outside of Ingham County seems to be different. On July 26, I ventured down to Lenawee County. Lenawee County is in the first row of counties in Michigan and shares a border with Ohio.
I visited Lake Hudson SRA, Riverside Park Natural Area, West Mulberry Road and Morenci Sewage Ponds. I have been to each of these locations on previous visits to Lenawee County and did very well.
This visit was no different. At the end of the day, 22 species with 154 individuals were recorded.






1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that butterflies are doing well there. They have been a bit late over here in Scotland as we had a poor spring. Hopefully things will pick up very quickly with the summer generations emerging.

    ReplyDelete