Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Still Slow In Michigan

Butterflies are still way behind normal fight periods. The weather is getting better and we should see a vast improvement in butterfly activity by the end of next week.
In early June (June 6-10), my daughter and I spent 5 days in Michigan's  upper peninsula. The butterfly activity was decent, but individual butterfly numbers were low.
Before I made my way towards my friends place near Pickford, I stopped off at Thompson's Harbor State Park in Presque Isle County (north eastern lower peninsula). This state park is a known location for Mottled Duskywing and Columbine Duskywing. Although no Mottled Duskywing were flying, there were a few Columbine Duskywings on the wing. There is a significant number of Columbine plants in this state park.
Species list from Thompson's Harbor SP - June 6, 2019
Hoary Elfin 1
Eastern Pine Elfin 1
Northern Spring Azure 7
Monarch 3
American Lady 1
Red Admiral 1
Dreamy Duskywing 2
Juvenal's Duskywing 1
Columbine Duskywing 2
Common Roadside Skipper 8
 
 Eastern Pine Elfin (Incisalia niphon)
 Thompson's Harbor SP, Presque Isle County
 June 6, 2019
















No comments:

Post a Comment