Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2016

It has been a good year

It is amazing how long a year is and yet, at the same time, amazing how quickly a year passes.
This year, 2016, has been fantastic to say the least. I was fortunate to do a lot of butterflying in many excellent locations.
In late April, I made a trip to Panama. In mid to late May you would have found me in Michigan's upper peninsula and in late September I made a trip to south Texas. A darn good year.
My Michigan year list is 85 species (with 4 Michigan lifers) -  a personal best. Texas was amazing with 17 lifers. While in Texas I was able to see the Variegated Flycatcher that visited South Padre Island. It was only the 7th record for North America!
Panama was great. So many butterflies, birds and orchids.
All ready looking forward to 2017!

Northern Blue - Lycaeides idas
Michigan - Alger County
2016 June, 25
















Crimson Patch - Chlosyne janais
Texas - Hidalgo County
Edinburg Scenic Wetlands
2016 October, 3 






Red-washed Satry - Pierella helvina
Panama - Cocle Province
2016 April, 21

No comments:

Post a Comment