Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Butterfly Listing

Like many people, I enjoy listing species of nearly every type of animal and plant that I can find. It gives me a history of what I have seen and where I have been. And, its just plain fun.
So, what about butterfly listing? How many of us are there and how hardcore are we in finding the next specie? I was unsure of an answer to the second question so I email a well known butterfly expert and proposed the same question. She asured me that there are many butterfliers who actively seek out species to added to their life list. Many of these people travel throughout North America and the world.
It you are a lister like me, you might ask who has the largest North American life list. And that leads to largest world list. Which leads to highest state lists and so on.
I searched the internet looking for answers on butterfly life lists. Only listings I could find were on Surfbirds. These listing were very, very under reported.
My lists are unimpressive. But that will be the subject for another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment